Bambi & Birdy

Bambi & Birdy

Mittwoch, 10. September 2014

sugar is toxic and other news!



As I'll be leaving the country soon- more news on that tomorrow- we have to announce some blog changes. From now on, each of us will be the blogger in chief for a week, and then switch with the other one. Right now, it is my (= Bambi) week and I got some bad news: Sugar is killing us!
These days, Bird and I are both laying in bed sick and- as I am sick A LOT- I've been thinking about food lately. I stumbled across lots of articles on sugar and apparently it is literally toxic. As I truly love baking, I don't see myself never using any sugar again, but still the links below are definitely food for thought. What do you think?
Greetings from the sickbed, Bambi

Da ich in Kürze das Land verlassen werde -mehr dazu morgen- werden wird von heute an pro Woche immer eine von uns bloggen, bevor dann in der kommenden Woche die andere übernimmt. Jetzt ist gerade meine (Bambis) erste Woche, und ich möchte die Gelegenheit nutzen ein paar schlechte Neuigkeiten zu verbreiten: Zucker bringt uns um!
Zur Zeit liegen Bird und ich im Bett, weil wir beide krank sind. Da ich OFT krank bin, habe ich in den letzten Tagen viel über Ernährung nachgedacht und eine Menge über Zucker gelesen. Zucker ist allem Anschein nach praktisch giftig, und auch wenn ich zu gerne backe, um völlig auf weißen, raffinierten Zucker zu verzichten, haben mich die Artikel (s.u.) doch zum Nachdenken angeregt. Was denkt ihr?
Grüße von der Krankenstation, Bambi

Scientist Robert Lustig on the dangers of sugar:
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/aug/24/robert-lustig-sugar-poison

Robert Lustig's lecture on sugar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

The family that ate no sugar for a year:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/07/year-of-no-sugar_n_5084561.html

Let's face it: sugar is toxic!
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/magazine/mag-17Sugar-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

sweet seduction!

Keine Kommentare: